Could not create language plugin for C++.

Andreas Pakulat apaku at gmx.de
Sun Jul 8 10:07:02 BST 2007

On 07.07.07 15:33:14, Yang wrote:
> I'm using manually-built KDevelop 3.4.1 on apt-installed KDE 3.5.6 on
> Ubuntu Feisty, I get "Could not create language plugin for C++." when
> trying to start a new project. On the console, I see:

Two things to check:

a) do you have a system-installed kdevelop version? If so remove it
b) Do you have KDEDIRS variable set to /usr and the installation
directory of kdevelop? Check that from a shell and if its set there
start kdevelop from there not via a menu. If that works this variable is
not set in your desktop environment, typically this happens when its not
put into $HOME/.bash_profile.

Andreas

--
Exercise caution in your daily affairs.