importing a project

datax datax at cfk.homelinux.com
Sun Jan 7 21:40:49 GMT 2007

Andreas Pakulat wrote:
> On 07.01.07 10:29:32, datax wrote:
>
>> Andreas Pakulat wrote:

>>> As addition to the other post from me, I was just informed that there is
>>> a way to deactivate the C++ parser for a certain directory by putting a
>>> file called .kdev_ignore into that directory. This file needs to be in
>>> every directory you want to be ignored, it doesn't populate into any
>>> subdirectories of a ignored directory.
>>>
>> OK, I get that there are some variables that can change the personality
>> of the parsing. Perhaps another thing might be happening also.
>>
>> I tend to start KDevelop from the command line and I notice in the
>> fedora core 6 install that there are menu items with arguments to
>> KDevelop for different functionality.
>>

> All these won't change how the parser works. The parser always works the
> same way it tries to understand the source code.
>
> I think the only way for you is to either disable it completely which
> removes nearly all advanced-editing features from KDevelop or to really
> consider upgrading to 3.4 (it really works much better than 3.3 and the
> parser is known to not loop in certain cases anymore).
>
> Andreas

Dear Andreas:
I dont think this is an upgrade issue, and here is why. Another engineer
in my office can parse the u-boot-1.1.6 project from www.denx.de just
fine and browse caller/callee with a RHEL installation which is, I
believe, KDevelop 3.3.1.

Therefore, I have to believe there is some setup with KDevelop that I
dont understand that will allow KDevelop to properly parse a
well-behaved C project. U-boot is a well behaved C project and is used
in many locations for boot loaders for embedded devices using arm, ppc &
mips processors.

Is there some documentation you could point me to that will allow me to
understand how different arguments to KDevelop and one or more
configuration files that could allow some deeper understanding of why
KDevelop can parse a well-behaved C project on some computers, but not
others?

Charles