Focus

Andreas Pakulat apaku at gmx.de
Thu Jan 4 13:44:36 GMT 2007

On 04.01.07 15:18:14, Leon Pollak wrote:
> The very annoying very small thing - while making (F8), the focus passes to the
> messages window AND REMAINS there!
> Very uncomfortable!

Not as bad as you think. But that is because you don't know everything
about kdev yet ;)

> If there are errors and I want to click the line to jump to the error,
> I will take the mouse and click the line - so, the focus position is not importand.
> But if there are no errors, or the error is in the place I am now editing (90% of the cases),
> then I want to continue to edit, but the focus is not in the editor. So, take the mouse for
> one click and continue editing...:-(((

No need to grab the mouse, just assign a keyboard shortcut to switch to
the editor. See the shortcut settings, KDevelop group, its called Raise
Editor

I know this is not a full solution, but I don't think we can easily
track the switches of input focus.

Andreas

--
A tall, dark stranger will have more fun than you.