Starting trouble with KDevelop

Daniel Spies daniel.spies at fuceekay.com
Fri Dec 21 00:49:21 GMT 2007

Hello List!

I'm new to KDevelop and face some starting trouble.

It seems there are three different "indentations" inside KDevelop. One of the
embedded editor, one of KDevelop itseld and one unknown, maybe the
tool "indent" or something... The strange thing starts here: I disabled the
auto indentation of the embedded editor to let KDevelop do this (Settings -
Editor - Indentation - indentation mode - none). After that I enabled the
indentation of KDevelop (Settings - KDevelop - Formatting - Set up as
wished). No I assume everything is fine, but there is no autoindentation at
all! Even after restarting KDevelop completely there is not even a space
inserted. And if I right-click the text and the click "Format selection" It's
getting even more strange: The code is formatted in some such ugly way I
never chose somewhere. I'm a little bit confused now, and hope someone had
similar problems and a solution for it.

I'm running Kubuntu 7.10 with KDE 3.5.8 and KDevelop 3.5.0.

Thank you for all suggestions and help in advance!

Cheers,
Daniel