Automatic closure of the views

Andreas Pakulat apaku at gmx.de
Thu Aug 9 19:25:24 BST 2007

On 09.08.07 14:38:28, Alvin wrote:
> Hello,
>
> In previous versions of KDevleop, the views on the left (e.g. Classes, etc),
> bottom (e.g. Applications, etc) and right (e.g. Bookmarks, etc.) would
> automatically close when the text editor tabs were selected. I believe that
> this was called IDEAl (?) mode. I cannot find this in the User Interface
> options nows. I remember reading somewhere that the current Simplied IDEAl
> (?) mode has been chosen and the other mode has been removed. Will this
> feature be coming back?

Not in KDevelop3, for KDevelop4 nothing is set in stone yet.

> I ask cause I am constantly needing to close each of those in order to
> maximise the text editing tab.

You have keyboard shortcuts to close _all_ toolviews at once (and
you have 3 to open/close each one of them) - see the Configure Shortcuts
dialog. You can also assign accelerators to the toolviews, just
right-click the button and select a number, they will then be opened
when you hit Alt+<num>

Andreas

--
You have many friends and very few living enemies.