how to seperate project files from source files in different dirs?

Andreas Pakulat apaku at gmx.de
Thu Aug 2 00:32:46 BST 2007

On 02.08.07 00:09:03, JeDi wrote:
> On 8/1/07, Andreas Pakulat <apaku at gmx.de> wrote:
> > On 01.08.07 19:07:34, JeDi wrote:
> > Let me give you an example: I recently branched out a part of KDevelop4
> > sources, all I had to do to get a kdevelop project for that was Project
> > Options->Import existing project, let it populate the project filelist
> > by giving it a few shell-like parameters of which filetypes I'd like to
> > see in the project and thats it. (Well I needed to set the binary in the
> > project options, but thats it).
> >
> > And I doubt that you create a project every other day, if you do so this
> > of course doesn't work.
>
> Well, we are working in about 20 different projects, being a research
> facility with a very broad spectrum of interests :-) So we probably
> need this more than the average company or hobbyist.

Hehe, still a developer would probably setup the project once for each
machine he works one (if the machine's are similar enough he can just
copy the project file, but there are some absolute paths stored in it).

Anyway, as I said before the current limitations in KDevelop3 are known
and we will try to fix that in KDevelop4. In fact I already have on my
todo list to implement automatic storage of url's relative to the
project directory and I just put storing the project dir in the project
config on that list as well :)

Andreas

--
You would if you could but you can't so you won't.