3.3.92 crash on launch

Mon Sep 25 18:19:54 BST 2006

I have just compiled from source and installed kdevelop 3.3.92 but i am
beginning to face a rather strange problem.

I have installed version 3.3.92 with --prefix=/usr/local. I have a pre-built
binary of version 3.3.4 from the ubuntu repositories. I have
the /usr/local/bin appearing before /usr/bin. issuing the following command
returns;

	$ which kdevelop
	/usr/local/bin/kdevelop
	$ echo $PATH
	/usr/local/sbin:/usr/local/bin:/usr/sbin:/usr/bin:/sbin:/bin:/usr/bin/X11:/usr/games
	$ echo $KDEDIRS
	/usr/local:/usr

Now, everything is fine when i launch kdevelop from the command line, but it
instantly crashes when i launch it from kmenu! I have enabled debug during
the build but the back trace give me:

> This backtrace appears to be of no use.
> This is probably because your packages are built in a way which prevents
> creation of proper backtraces, or the stack frame was seriously corrupted
> in the crash.
>
> Using host libthread_db library "/lib/libthread_db.so.1".
> 0x00002ac02d416d50 in ?? ()
> #0  0x00002ac02d416d50 in ?? ()
> #1  0x00002ac02d416ba4 in ?? ()
> #2  0x00002ac02a2915f0 in ?? ()
> #3  0x0000000000000000 in ?? ()

its the same thing with both i386 and amd64 builds.

When i use the run dialog to launch it, it crashes when i launch 'kdevelop'
but succeeds when i launch 'kdevelop &'.

What could be the issue?
--
Cheers!
kitts