KDevelop 3.4 debian packages?

Andreas Pakulat apaku at gmx.de
Sat Sep 23 08:13:49 BST 2006

On 23.09.06 09:45:29, kitts wrote:
> I wish to try using kdevelop 3.4 beta. Before i go ahead compiling, i would
> like to know if any one can offer precompiled debian packages for either of
> kubuntu Edgy (64 bit) or kubuntu dapper (32 bit).

I don't have any, because building from Source is just too easy.

> If i were compiing, i would like to build into debs so they get
> automatically upgraded when it is officially released. Is the build process
> anything straight forward?

No. Well, theoretically the sources contain a debian directory with the
rules file, however I don't think that's up-to-date with what Debian or
Kubuntu use.

You can however install 3.3. from Kubuntu and 3.4beta from Source side
by Side. You only have to make sure that KDEDIRS is set properly (it's
explained to you at the end of configure run) and that PATH has the
3.4beta first. That way you'll get notified when 3.4 hits Kubuntu and
you can use the latest beta.

Andreas

--
You will gain money by a fattening action.