Ctags remember deleted file

Jens Dagerbo jens.dagerbo at swipnet.se
Wed Sep 20 21:59:08 BST 2006

On Wednesday 20 September 2006 17:42, leonp at plris.com wrote:
> Hello, all.
>
> I am working with thelast release of kdevelop

3.3.4? Or 3.4.0 beta 2? Ctags support has changed a bit in 3.4..

> (BTW, when will be the next  release? I am so impatient...:-)))

Good question. Hopefully soon. Please try the betas. :)

> Now, I have deleted some files from the project. When i do any operation
> with ctags, it complains all the time that the files are absent. I even did
> the find/grep from the project root directory - no reminiscences about
> deleted file names inside any files (makefiles, Po, etc..).
> So, where this ctags sees these names?

How does it complain? As far as I can see, if you attempt to open  a file
which does not exist, KDevelop will silently ignore it (except for the debug
output, which will report the failure).

The project tags file is typicall in the project root directory with the name
'tags'. If you are using a 3.4 beta and have created a  tags file for an
external library, the location of that file was decided by you at the time of
creation and can be pretty much anywhere...

Amusingly, only an hour ago I committed a change that displays the location of
the tags file for these optional additional tags files.

// jens