Compile error for KDevelop 3.4 SVN

Andreas Pakulat apaku at gmx.de
Wed Oct 25 17:52:07 BST 2006

On 25.10.06 17:40:04, Thomas McGuire wrote:
> Hello,
>
> Am 25.10.2006 16:09 schrieb Andreas Pakulat:
> > Install libdb4.4-dev and build against libdb4.4. I don't think kdevelop
> > supports 3.x anymore (even though configure --help might say
> > otherwise)..
> Yes, configure says
> >checking for Berkeley DB >= 3... configure: error: no - please install Berkeley DB >= 3 and <= 4.1
> Somebody should change that to "please install Berkeley DB >= 4.4" (or whatever version is supported).
> It is very confusing.

Well, 4.1 might be supported as well, but 3.x is not, IIRC. Feel free to
provide a patch to the kdevelop-devel list or raise this issue there
(the devs are not monitoring this list that much)

> Afterwards installing libdb4.4, make also stopped with the following error:
> >kdevdesigner/designer/mainwindow.cpp:117:30: error: qassistantclient.h: No such file or directory
> Which means there is a missing configure check for qt assistant (I guess).

The same, send a mail to kdevelop-devel. But I don't think we need to
check that, that header is part of the qt development packages which
should be installed if one wants to compile a kde app.

Andreas

--
You have a strong appeal for members of your own sex.