How do Qt app makefiles get created, when creating a new project?

craig harris craig at sabiolabs.com
Thu Nov 16 06:45:04 GMT 2006

How do you port a Qt 4.1.2 app to Qt 4.2.1?

The way qt projects get made is mysterious to me.  And I'm having difficulty digging up any documentation.  I'm guessing that since my path has qt 4.1.2 in it, when I create a new project of type "Qt Application", Kdevelop somehow knows how to build a qt makefile. So when I upgrade to Qt 4.2.1, I'm guessing that I just change my path to include qt 4.2.1 instead of 4.1.2.  Will this work?  IS there any other more articulate way to understand how kdevelop is building the qt makefile?
Thanks,
-Craig