keystrokes for working cycle

Amilcar do Carmo Lucas amilcar at ida.ing.tu-bs.de
Tue May 30 15:56:51 BST 2006

leonp at plris.com wrote:
> On Tuesday, 30 בMay 2006 15:47, Stephan Diederich wrote:
>>Am Dienstag, 30. Mai 2006 14:26 schrieb leonp at plris.com:
>>>Ohhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
>>>The downloaded via SVN project has no configure script. So,
>>>I took it into Kdevelop and run the configure - the result is:
>>>
>>>checking for Qt... configure: error: Qt (>= Qt 3.3 and < 4.0) (library
>>>qt-mt) not found
>>>
>>>I did rpmfind on qt-mt - no result.
>>>
>>>If i miss some library, why the previous version from the head
>>>development compiled OK?
>>>
>>>Please, help!!!!
>>just update again, this was fixed an hour ago.
> Updated. Here are the results:

Please clean all files and do like this:

Create a directory to put your sources
$ mkdir kdevelop
$ cd kdevelop

Checkout SVN module "kdevelop" at svn://anonsvn.kde.org/home/kde/
command line for kdevelop/3.4 branch:
$ svn co svn://anonsvn.kde.org/home/kde/branches/kdevelop/3.4 kdevelop

Initialize the build system:
$ cd kdevelop
$ make -f admin/Makefile.common cvs-clean
$ make -f Makefile.cvs

In order to compile and install KDevelop on your system, type the commands (we assume you have bash shell) from below in the base directory.
$ export KDEDIR=/where/your/kde3/is
$ export QTDIR=/where/your/qt3/is
$ export LD_LIBRARY_PATH=$QTDIR/lib:$KDEDIR/lib:$LD_LIBRARY_PATH
$ export LIBRARY_PATH=$QTDIR/lib:$KDEDIR/lib:$LIBRARY_PATH
$ export PATH=$QTDIR/bin:$KDEDIR/bin:$PATH
Note: For obvious reasons you should edit the first two lines to match your configuration!
 On RPM based linux distributions, you can find the location of your Qt3 and KDE3 directories using the configuration program of your linux distribuition or simply issuing "rpm -ql qt3" and
"rpm -ql kdebase3".

The next step is to configure it, to find out more about all the available configure options invoke:
$ ./configure --help

Finaly you can build it and install it:
$ make
$ make install (as root, using for example the "su" command)

Regards,
Amilcar Lucas