Code completion

Alex Bligh alex at alex.org.uk
Wed May 3 20:04:14 BST 2006

Andreas,

> Let me have a look at the svn-history of that file...
>
> Ok, the fix was commited Sep 28 by Andras Mantia as can be seen here:
> http://websvn.kde.org/branches/KDE/3.5/kdevelop/lib/catalog/catalog.cpp?rev=486007&view=log
>
> And KDE 3.5.0 (and KDE 3.3.0 with it) was tagged on Nov 9th. So the fix
> is definetly in KDE 3.3.0 and if it's not in the source package that is
> shipped with Ubuntu Dapper blame Ubuntu for removing this fix from the
> source.

I just checked.

The patch you attached is already in Dapper - the Ubuntu patch does not
touch catalog.cpp. I would thus conclude this patch does not fix the
problem. There seem to be multiple people reporting similar bug reports
in bugzilla. If it works on 3.5, there must be some other fix which
needs backporting (happy to volunteer if you know which one it might
be). Several of the problems are completely repeatable from a blank
project.

Alex