Code completion

Andreas Pakulat apaku at gmx.de
Wed May 3 19:17:34 BST 2006

On 03.05.06 17:27:02, Alex Bligh wrote:
> --On 03 May 2006 17:49 +0200 Andreas Pakulat <apaku at gmx.de> wrote:
> >Found the thread on kdevelop-devel. The Subject is "Code completion
> >deadlock", however you can't get the patch out of the archive.
> >
> >I'll attach the patch, but I think this has been fixed for kdevelop3.3
> >already, because it was fixed before KDE 3.5 came out and kdevelop3.3
> >was released together with KDE 3.5.
> >
> >The patch needs to be applied to the file catalog.cpp in lib/catalog.
>
> Like all the best patches, it's a one liner :-)
>
> Would you expect it to be fixed in kdevelop 3.3.2 in Ubuntu Dapper? It
> isn't.

So you fetched the source-package and checked that file?

> Or just in the 3.3 cvs branch? Should I pull down a cvs version,
> build that, and see if it has the same problem?

If than it's svn and I think this fix is in 3.3.0 already, as I said the
fix was commited to KDE 3.3 before the release of 3.3.0 together with
3.5.

Let me have a look at the svn-history of that file...

Ok, the fix was commited Sep 28 by Andras Mantia as can be seen here:
http://websvn.kde.org/branches/KDE/3.5/kdevelop/lib/catalog/catalog.cpp?rev=486007&view=log

And KDE 3.5.0 (and KDE 3.3.0 with it) was tagged on Nov 9th. So the fix
is definetly in KDE 3.3.0 and if it's not in the source package that is
shipped with Ubuntu Dapper blame Ubuntu for removing this fix from the
source.

Andreas

--
You are always busy.