Kdevelop 3.2.2 - Quickopen disabled by default in

Tim Harper tim at matchbin.com
Fri Mar 31 04:07:41 BST 2006

On Thursday 30 March 2006 11:05, Richard Dale wrote:
> Well I just thought there were way too many tabs and options enabled by
> default for Ruby development - I find the default KDevelop UI is just too
> cluttered and confusing. So I started removing a few things from the Ruby
> profile to clean it up - possibly the wrong things! As you found out it
> isn't too difficult to put the features back, though. So I can restore the
> quickopen option to be included by default for the next release of KDevelop
> if most people think it should be.
>
> I'm also very keen to get rid of the kate cut, copy, paste, font zoom
> buttons in the toolbar. I've edited my local copy of my KDevelop menu to
> clear them out, and think it looks a lot better. I would have thought it
> should be easy to change the code to do that, but I haven't found out how
> to do it.
>
> -- Richard
I agree with you Richard.  Its really great to cleanup the plugins that are
completely useless in Ruby :)  Thanks for taking this into consideration.

My favorite and most selling feature of kdevelop is the awesome go to
file/method/class which works beautifully in Ruby.  It really makes it easy
to jump around the code for me.  Also, I really like the file groups because
when programming in rails, there are three distinct types of files, and being
able to classify the three i have found quite useful (though not absolutely
necessary)

Is there perhaps a way to simply tell ruby on rails to disable certain plugins
by default when creating a new project?  And then, allow the user to enable
ones that apply to the language they are developing in?  This may be the best
way to tackle this.

Thanks pal,

Tim