Kdevelop 3.2.2 - Quickopen disabled by default in

Richard Dale Richard_Dale at tipitina.demon.co.uk
Thu Mar 30 19:05:53 BST 2006

On Wednesday 29 March 2006 23:28, Tim Harper wrote:
> I installed kdevelop 3.2.2 from source for development in ruby and noticed
> that quickopen was disabled by default.  This is one of my favorite
> features of kdevelop.
>
> I looked into the problem and found in this file:
> /usr/share/apps/kdevelop/profiles/IDE/ScriptingLanguageIDE/RubyIDE/profile.
>config
>
> this line
> [Disable]
> List=kdevfilelist,kdevsnippet,kdevvalgrind,kdevastyle,kdevctags2,kdevfilegr
>oups,kdevsecurity,kdevregexptest,kdevquickopen
>
> So, it was implicitly disabled.
> So, i enabled it like so:
> List=kdevsnippet,kdevvalgrind,kdevastyle,kdevctags2,kdevsecurity,kdevregexp
>test
>
> All works fine and dandy.  Does anyone know why this feature was disabled?
Well I just thought there were way too many tabs and options enabled by
default for Ruby development - I find the default KDevelop UI is just too
cluttered and confusing. So I started removing a few things from the Ruby
profile to clean it up - possibly the wrong things! As you found out it isn't
too difficult to put the features back, though. So I can restore the
quickopen option to be included by default for the next release of KDevelop
if most people think it should be.

I'm also very keen to get rid of the kate cut, copy, paste, font zoom buttons
in the toolbar. I've edited my local copy of my KDevelop menu to clear them
out, and think it looks a lot better. I would have thought it should be easy
to change the code to do that, but I haven't found out how to do it.

-- Richard