howto: kdevelop + ifort

Daniel Franke franke.daniel at gmail.com
Tue Mar 21 19:08:08 GMT 2006

> >  - ifort, aka ifc, Intel Fortran Compiler
> >    (no comments yet ;)
>
> This is a very powerful compiler that produces very efficient and fast
> code. The version 9.0 is actually the result of Intel merging their own
> compiler with the Compaq/Dec Fortran compiler which used to be
> available only for Alpha.
>
> It would be great to have native support for this compiler in KDevelop,
> I have looked into this issue a few times but never found the time to
> really get started.

Try this:

 1. create a new project (simple hello-world fortran project)

 2. Project->Project Options->Configure Options->Fortran
     * Compiler Command: ifort
     * Compiler Flags:   $(whatever appropiate)

 3. Open configure.in and remove:
        AC_LANG_FORTRAN77, AC_PROG_F77, AC_F77_LIBRARY_LDFLAGS
    insert instead
        AC_PROG_FC([ifort ifc])

 4. Automake & Friends

 5. Configure

 6. Compile as usual

 7. Be happy.

Admitted, that's not out-of-the-box support, but still manageable ;)

Regards
	Daniel