slightly OT: freely available fortran compilers?

Roland Krause rokrau at yahoo.com
Mon Mar 20 22:32:03 GMT 2006

--- Daniel Franke <franke.daniel at gmail.com> wrote:

> Thanks Roland,
> I already found their ifort aka ifc.
>
> Didn't manage to post about it, though.
> The updated list:
>
>  - ifort, aka ifc, Intel Fortran Compiler
>    (no comments yet ;)

This is a very powerful compiler that produces very efficient and fast
code. The version 9.0 is actually the result of Intel merging their own
compiler with the Compaq/Dec Fortran compiler which used to be
available only for Alpha.

It would be great to have native support for this compiler in KDevelop,
I have looked into this issue a few times but never found the time to
really get started.

Roland