Two output problems

Ian Gordon iangordon at uklinux.net
Wed Mar 15 21:07:46 GMT 2006

Hi
		When using Kdevelop with C++ and Qt3 under  Suse 10 I have encountered a
strange problem.
 I sometimes include a cout statement in a program to ensure it is performing
as expected but although compilation is successful  no output appears on the
screen.

	I have also been experimenting with ruby and, on typing in a simple tutorial
program it seems accepted by the system but on 'running ' nothing occurs
except a message that the program has terminated normally. No results are
printed.

	Perhaps these two problems are related in some way!.

	I would appreciate any advice on surmounting either or both of these
problems.

	All the best Ian