Detached variables window

Vladimir Prus ghost at cs.msu.su
Tue Mar 14 13:30:39 GMT 2006

Jens Dagerbo wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Sadly, it is still not possible to have the views restore to an undocked
> position. In part this is because the hiding and showing of views is
> implemented in KDevelop, not KMDI, with no thought given to the "floating
> sidebar" case. I can't see this change during the KDevelop3 cycle.

I think the problem is that views a closed when debugger is stopped (not
entire KDevelop).

I think that's possible to fix. Can somebody suggest a method to find if a
given widget is in detached state? I can dig this in docs, probably, but if
somebody knows this right away I can change the debugger today.

- Volodya