Kdevelop3: Build->Install installs in /usr/local/kde

Alexander Dymo dymo at mk.ukrtelecom.ua
Thu Jul 20 20:14:36 BST 2006

On Thursday 20 July 2006 21:24, H.S. wrote:
> I am quite new to programming in Qt with Kdevelop. In Kdevelop, if I
> make a hello world application and do Build->Install, I notice that it
> makes a /usr/local/kde directory and installs the application and
> related resources within that directory.
>
> Is this usually how it is done?
> How do I change this behavious? I am thinking keeping /usr/local clean
> and letting the kde directory be formed in my $HOME/local/. Suggestions
> are welcome.

You can use any directory, just set
project -> project settings -> configure options to
--prefix=/my/location

> Finally, if I leave the installation directory in kdevelop unchanged,
> how do I 'uninstall' a project which has been installed by
> Build->Install? In other words, does a menu option exist which removes
> all files from /usr/loca/kde which were installed using Build->Install?
Uninstall is there, run either "make uninstall" from the build directory
or use "Automake manager" view (at the right of KDevelop window).
There you'll either find uninstall at the submenu or will be able to
add "uninstall" make target.