How to create multiple instances of a static members?

Eike Welk eike.welk at post.rwth-aachen.de
Sun Feb 12 16:26:41 GMT 2006

On Saturday 11 February 2006 20:24, kitts wrote:
> Thinking about it... What then happens if a class that contains
> static members is present in a system shared library? Are the
> static members shared between applications/processes??!!! :-O

The following is what I think, I didn't do any googling on it:
Before main(...) is called, there runs some (magic) startup code that
initializes the static variables. It somehow knows about the static
variables in all shared libraries.
With shared libraries only program code is shared, while data is
separate for each process.

Yours Eike.