How to create multiple instances of a static members?

kitts kitts at hotpop.com
Sat Feb 11 06:34:57 GMT 2006

Hi All,

I am new to developing in KDE and don't have much experience with C++
itself, so please excuse my naiveness.

I would like to know how i can create multiple instances of a class which
has static members, such that the static members too are instantiated?

My program is structured as a trees of objects. The objects within each tree
are allowed to instantiate the special class. However, i want the static
objects of this special class to be instantiated only once for each tree.

I also have a static slot fucntion which i want to "connect" to when the
first instance in a given tree is created.

How do i approach this situation?
--
Cheers!
kitts