How to integrate cppunit

Paul Waldo pwaldo at waldoware.com
Thu Feb 9 20:49:00 GMT 2006

Hi all,

I'm new to kdevelop, so forgive me if the answer ends up being obvious :-).

I'm starting a new project and I want to use cppunit to unit-test my code as I
build it.  I'm hoping to find suggestions or best-practices on how to do
that.

I'd like to keep the real code and the test code separate, so I suppose I
would make a "test" subproject, which I have done.  In the test project, I
reference classes in the real project something like this:
#include "../realclass.h"
This compiles OK, but linking is problematic; I get lots of errors about
missing references to RealClass.  Anyone have suggestions on the best way to
handle this?  Are there any good web references  on subprojects?  BTW, I have
read all of the tutorials on kdevelop.org, but if I have missed the answer to
my question there, feel free to let me know.  Thanks in advance!

Paul