KDevelop 3.4 RC2

Andreas Pakulat apaku at gmx.de
Wed Dec 27 13:39:52 GMT 2006

On 27.12.06 14:19:58, Leon Pollak wrote:
> On Wednesday 27 December 2006 13:29, Andreas Pakulat wrote:
> > On 27.12.06 12:25:20, Leon Pollak wrote:
> > > As we are forced to use this "simpleIDEAl" mode (although the full IDEAl
> > > was much better even with bugs),
> > IMHO it wasn't working better. And this was a decision to make life
> > easier for users and developers, because we wouldn't have fixed any
> > kmdi-bugs, because nobody knows the code really and kmdi itself is in
> > kdelibs anyway.
> Well, my opinion is different...:-)
> Does the last phrase means that kmdi will still be accessible?

kmdi has always been in kdelibs, but kdevelop3.4 doesn't use it, so you
can't have kmdi-ideal in kdevelop (or any other kmdi ui-mode)

> > > 1. How the tabs spread over the screen sides is defined (I mean why, for
> > > example, diff is at the bottom)?
> >
> > Which diff? What do you mean with spread of the sides?
> The set of plugins (core and not core) is somehow divided - some are shown at
> the bottom, some at the left side, etc... What is the criteria and how (if
> any) it can be changed?

Ah, I misread your sentence :) You can move the toolview's around by
rightclicking them and choose to move to one of the other 2 dockareas.

> > > 2. How I can close unnecessary tabs (for example, application tab)?
> >
> > Some disappear when you disable the according plugin, but the
> > application tab is from a core plugin and can't be disabled. The same
> > for the messages tab. But why is that a problem?
> Because when there are many tabs, they occupy the place and necessary tabs are
> pushed out into the second row (or invisible because of bug?).

Thats not happending here. The buttons for the tabs get smaller and the
ellipsis-dots appear when the text is shortened. Although I don't know
what happens if you put more then 18 toolviews into 1 dockarea because I
don't use all plugins at once.

> In my case,
> the application tab is not used at all, in IDEAl I simply drugged it
> to the less populated and less used place and it did not disturb me.

As I said above you can move the tabs around on the 3 dockareas.

> > > 3. How/where is defined that, for example, bottom tab is spread over all
> > > bottom part of the screen, while left and right are overlapped by bottom?
> > In Qt3, the mainwindow uses Qt's dockwidgets and there's no way to
> > change that.
> Hmm, rather pity - for example, automake manager usually needs a lot of
> vertical space. In IDEAl mode it used all...

I do think so too, but we can't do much about this (no we won't
resurrect kmdi modes ;)

Andreas

--
You will outgrow your usefulness.