Code completion

Andreas Pakulat apaku at gmx.de
Fri Dec 8 16:10:32 GMT 2006

On 08.12.06 21:16:27, kitts wrote:
> On Friday 08 December 2006 03:06 IST, Andreas Pakulat wrote:
> > Code-Completion should work for all files that are mentioned in the
> > <project>.kdevelop.filelist file in the top-level project dir.
>
> Tell me. When i import a large custom makefile project, like lets say the
> linux kernel itself, The system memory gets rapidly consumed. First the RAM
> then swap, before the system freezes completely. This happen even if i
> choose to not 'populate' the project with source files. Does code
> completion have anything to do in here? Or is it just that KDevelop is not
> capable of handling such large projects?

Hmm, no code-completion only runs on the files that the project manager
returns. Try running kdevelop through gdb when you import the kernel
source and interrupt it when it starts to massively consume memory,
create a backtrace and post that here.

Andreas

--
You will be recognized and honored as a community leader.