Remote debugging: sync between launcher and debugger

Leon Pollak leonp at plris.com
Sat Sep 3 12:08:00 BST 2005

...... Original Message .......
On Fri, 02 Sep 2005 16:29:53 +0400 Vladimir Prus <ghost at cs.msu.su> wrote:

>> I put this in macro and run it when desired from the GDB window (!).
>
>Hmm.. that's not a nice user interface. Do you think we can do something to
>avoid using gdb window in this case? Say, allow the user to specify
>"restart program gdb script"?
>
>- Volodya

Well, of course this may be done.
But still, I think that GUI front end to the gdb does not need to be able
to do everything which the gdb does. First, this is simply impossible, next
 -why? I do not see something bad in gdb 'native' dialog. Vise versa, I
consider it to be a very powerful feature. For example, the ability to
process application data in the gdb is almost unique and very useful. In
embedded development, the OS interface is very comfortable via gdb.

Leon