Debugging a KPart

Andreas Pakulat apaku at gmx.de
Wed Oct 5 22:11:47 BST 2005

Hi,

I know I asked this question (at least kind of it) on kde-devel some
time ago. But as I didn't get that many answers there I try here again.

So the question is: How do I debug my KPart from within kdevelop using
it's integrated debugger? My problem is that setting breakpoints doesn't
work, I think the gdb in kdevelop doesn't find the source files and I
have no idea why. Debugging in the main program works fine and I
installed the part+program and then created symlinks from the
<project>/debug/ directory to my install location.

I checked the developer FAQ on developer.kde.org but the solution there
is not really suitable for me, as I'm not running gdb standalone.

Also kdbg has no problems when I load my app and then open a
KPart-Sourcefile and set a breakpoint there.

Andreas

--
You have a truly strong individuality.