Subversion integration.

Kitts kitts at hotpop.com
Sat Oct 1 13:14:07 BST 2005

Hi all,

I am new to this list but have been using KDevelop for a while now and am
impressed. So far i had not been using any version control and recently
decided to use it on my personal projects.

I first tried CVS with KDevelop and everything went well. I am however
having issues with using subversion which is my preferred VCS.

I have created a local repository with the command

$svnadmin create /mnt/sda5/SVNRepos

I then went on to create a new project 'subversiontest' in KDevelop and
directed it to choose subversion VCS. I was offered three options and only
the first option to do nothing would let me progress with development.

If i choose any of the other two option i am asked to show the repository
where i specify 'file:///mnt/sda5/SVNRepos' (I have also tried
'/mnt/sda5/SVNRepos'). Then i give the templates and as i get into working
in the project i am unable to save any of the files. A quick run through
the file browser tells me that no project directory has been created by
KDevelop.

Then when i close the project, it tells me that the project couls not be
saved.

Can somebody please offer me some help with this? I am quiet new to version
control. And i was unable to find documentation that could help me with
this part of KDevelop.

Any help will be much appreciated.
--
Cheers!