Problem with make and jobserver

Sven Reese sreese at ibnm.uni-hannover.de
Wed Nov 9 17:05:21 GMT 2005

Hello list,

I got the following problem and can't figure out how is the solution.
Maybe anyone got an idea how to solve it ... hopefully.

Everytime I try to set up the number of simulataneous jobs in the
makefile options to a value larger than one, I get the following
compiler warning

make[1]: warning: jobserver unavailable: using -j1. Add `+' to parent
make rule.

This error occurs only while using Kdevelop. If I use the same makefiles
and the same compiler flags and compile it in on the bash level, the
compiler does the compilation on two cpu's and starts bravely more than
one job.

So - maybe anyone got an idea how to make this also work within the
kdevelop-framework.

Thanks,

Sven