Where the patch is?

Vladimir Prus ghost at cs.msu.su
Thu Nov 3 09:06:14 GMT 2005

On Tuesday 01 November 2005 19:17, leonp at plris.com wrote:
> On Tuesday, 1 בNovember 2005 17:18, Vladimir Prus wrote:

> > > Is the commit date before or after the 3.2.92 tagging ?
> >
> > Well, according to
> > http://websvn.kde.org/tags/KDE/3.4.92/kdevelop/languages/cpp/debugger/gdb
> >ou tputwidget.cpp?rev=469461&view=log
> >
> > commit was done before tagging. And the change in question is part of
> >
> > http://websvn.kde.org/tags/KDE/3.4.92/kdevelop/languages/cpp/debugger/gdb
> >ou tputwidget.cpp?rev=469461&view=markup
> >
> > So, it's included in 3.4.92. Leon, are we talking about the same "scroll
> > gdb window" problem. Are you sure you've checked 3.4.92?
>
> Yes, we are (the same situation I have with the ^C bug/enhancement you
> patched).
>
> Well, I downloaded and compiled file called 3.2.92. KDevelop writes in
> "help" that it is 3.2.92. I checked the source code - it seems not to have
> these corrections. It also behaves in the old manner (scroll is not always
> done and ^C causes the dialog to open).

When I download:

   http://ftp.chg.ru/pub/kde/unstable/3.5-beta2/src/kdevelop-3.2.92.tar.bz2

The languages/cpp/debugger/gdboutputwidget.cpp file contains this:

  void GDBOutputWidget::slotReceivedStderr(const char* line)
  {
     m_gdbView->append(QString("<font
             color=\"red\">").append( line ).append("</
    m_gdbView->scrollToBottom();
  }

That "scrollToBottom" is the part of the change we're talking. Can you verity
that

   1. Your copy of KDevelop has the same call?
   2. If not, download from the above URL and check it?
   3. Did you run "make install".
   4. Do you have a previous kdevelop installation? Are you sure the old
     debugger is not used? Try:

         locate libkdevdebugger.so

     and temporary rename all found file to something else. Then run
     "make install" in the kdevelop tree you've downloaded and try again.

- Volodya