Dummie question: Subversion setup, 3.2.0_rc1

Alvin Beach abeach at deepvision.ca
Thu Mar 3 13:56:02 GMT 2005

On March 3, 2005 10:21 am, Christiane Lemke wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I recently upgraded to KDevelop 3.2.0_rc1 on my gentoo machine and
> compiled it with subversion support.
>
> Now I want to set it up to use a remote subversion server - but I don't
> get how. I found solutions to some subversion commit problems in this
> mailing lists archive, but I don't even know where a "commit" button is
> or how to set up the repository path and things like that.

I'm not sure about subversion, but with CVS you need to setup your repository
before setting up CVS support in the KDevelop project. In other words, the
repository needs to already exists.

Try creating the repository first and create (import in cvs lingo) an empty
module into the repository. Then create the KDevelop project in that module
and see if that works.

Again, I don't use subversion but from what I have read it's somewhat similar
to cvs.

--
Alvin