problem while 'make'

Andreas Pakulat apaku at gmx.de
Tue Mar 1 11:41:11 GMT 2005

On 01.Mär 2005 - 10:35:54, wathavy wathavy wrote:
> But would you tell me about these
> http://www.kdevelop.org/index.html?filename=3.2/download.html
> have instructions on
>     $ export KDEDIR=/where/your/kde3/is
>     $ export QTDIR=/where/your/qt3/is
> I cannot figure out these so I cannot install new
> version from source cord.

QTDIR should be /usr/share/qt3
KDEDIR is /usr

But I suggest you use --prefix=$HOME/kdevelop or install it to
/usr/local/ and remove the system-installed kdevelop3. Not removing
the older version will give you some problems with the plugins ( I had
problems installing CVS-Version). Also you might need to set
KDEDIRS=$HOME/kdevelop:/usr so kbuildsycoca finds the kdevelop-plugins
and files...

Just to get this straight, what I do to run the CVS-Version is:
export KDEDIRS=$HOME/kdevelopcvs:/usr (somewhere in your startup
scripts, like .xsession)
export QTDIR=/usr/share/qt3
export KDEDIR=/usr
configure --prefix $HOME/kdevelopcvs
make
make install

and afterwards call kbuildsycoca...

Andreas

--
You will pioneer the first Martian colony.