New version problems

leonp at plris.com leonp at plris.com
Sun Jun 5 13:29:46 BST 2005

On Sunday, 5 בJune 2005 13:29, Andreas Pakulat wrote:
> On 05.Jun 2005 - 11:33:28, leonp at plris.com wrote:
> > Hello, all.
> > 	I managed to install the 3.2.1 version and to keep the previous one.
>
> So, the old kdevelop is not in the path, not in KDEDIRS and is not
> installed under KDEDIR (i.e. no binary package install)?
Sorry, I am zero in the KDE development. I am embedded programmer and use
KDevelop as a pure IDE (which is the greatest IDE I found, including Eclipse,
GPS, Anuta, CodeCrusader, etc.).
What I did is as you said:
export KDEDIRS=/usr/local/:$KDEDIRS
kbuildsycoca
/usr/local/bin/kdevelop

> > the first time. The second opening passes OK.
> Did not have this when switching from 3.1.1 to 3.2.0...
Each switch between versions causes this.

> > 2. The plugins marked as "not used" in 3.1.1 are back again.
> Hmm, that is normally stored within the project. Why don't you leave out
> the plugins when compiling kdevelop (--disable...)?
See 1. :-)) I am really a beginner in KDevelop.

> > 3. Building the project opened in 1 causes the 3.2.1 to crash.
> Hmm, to me this seems like the 2 versions are not cleanly separated...
May be you are right. I did as recommended above...
Note, that KDEDIRS is empty before I do the "export" command.

Thanks a lot for the help.
--
Leon Pollak