Kdevelop watch variable length limitation (display) for C++

Joachim Fabini Joachim.Fabini at tuwien.ac.at
Tue Jul 26 11:36:45 BST 2005

Hi,

Can someone please give me a hint on how to increase the
maximum length of variables (e.g. arrays, strings, etc.)
as displayed in the Kdevelop watch/variable window for
C/C++ code?

The length seems to be limited to 200 characters and
I did not find any option to increase the number of
displayed characters.
Even when switching to hex display for a specific variable,
Kdevelop still shows only 200 characters.

The Debugger/Viewer window is the only workaround but
this procedure has two inacceptable drawbacks:
Firstly it displays only hex format and secondly it must
be closed and re-opened in order to control the debugger
(e.g., issue a "step forward" command).

Regarding my specific task: I receive clear-text (e.g.
SIP) messages having a size of hundreds of bytes to
several kilobytes. When manipulating these messages it
is obviously required to read/write the whole message
content via debugger.

Thanks in advance for your help
Best regards
--Joachim