32Bit development in 64Bit environment

Gunther Piez gpiez at web.de
Fri Jan 21 10:58:46 GMT 2005

Am Freitag, 21. Januar 2005 11:15 schrieb Reinhard Moeller:

> I transferred the project from a i32 platform to AMD 64, put CFLAGS into
> the make-options and tried to compile. This is what happens:
>
> cd '/home/rmoe/holz/holzl' && CFLAGS="-m32 -march=pentium"
> QTDIR="/usr/lib/qt3" gmake -k -j1 gmake: *** Keine Regel vorhanden, um das
         ^^
> g++ -c -pipe -O2 -march=i586 -mcpu=i686 -fmessage-length=0 -Wall -Wall -W
          ^^

> Any idea?

Some ideas.

-m32 is missing in the CFLAGS (this belongs in configure-options, not in make
options) and
the 32 bit version of the qt library is not installed or is installed, but not
used. this is called emul-linux-x86-qtlibs on my system, but i have never
tried building against these. you probably need to explicitly specify the
path for the linker.

Gunther