integrated debugger

Andreas Pakulat apaku at gmx.de
Thu Feb 3 11:53:35 GMT 2005

On 03.Feb 2005 - 00:11:14, Jens Dagerbo wrote:
> On Wednesday 02 February 2005 22.58, Andreas Pakulat wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > I just asked on the kde-devel list how to get QStrings and QMaps
> > displayed in a debugger fronted. I thought that kdevelop uses kdbg,
> > but it seems it doesn't - I cannot see QStrings with the integrated
> > debugger, whereas I can when running the app with kdbg directly.
>
> KDevelop3's gdb frontend has done this for years. See
> http://www.kdevelop.org/graphics/screenshots/3.0/debugger1.png
> (I actually also made a screenshot of current HEAD showing the contents of a
> QMap, but my ISP is apparently incapable of hosting a stable ftp server.. it
> works here anway.)

Ok, I found the cause for the QString not showing up:

I checked "show static members" in the debugger config, I don't know
why, but this prevents the display of QStrings.

What still doesn't work is QMap (but I'm using CVS Head thats from Jan
23).

The debugger frontend uses libtool to execute gdb, but then the
.gdbinit script is not read (which includes the kdesdk-scripts for
printing qstrings, qmaps and many others). Problem is: I don't know
how to change that gdb gets the -nx option :-(

Andreas

--
You enjoy the company of other people.