integrated debugger

Jens Dagerbo jens.dagerbo at swipnet.se
Wed Feb 2 23:11:14 GMT 2005

On Wednesday 02 February 2005 22.58, Andreas Pakulat wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I just asked on the kde-devel list how to get QStrings and QMaps
> displayed in a debugger fronted. I thought that kdevelop uses kdbg,
> but it seems it doesn't - I cannot see QStrings with the integrated
> debugger, whereas I can when running the app with kdbg directly.

KDevelop3's gdb frontend has done this for years. See
http://www.kdevelop.org/graphics/screenshots/3.0/debugger1.png
(I actually also made a screenshot of current HEAD showing the contents of a
QMap, but my ISP is apparently incapable of hosting a stable ftp server.. it
works here anway.)

> Is there a reason for this?

Probably. Not sure what your problem is though.

> Will the support get better in the future?

Depends on if someone works on the debugger frontend or not. At the moment,
there isn't so much active development on it.

jd