kdDebug

Steven Suson suson at TuckerEnergy.com
Thu Feb 3 00:36:36 GMT 2005

Greetings,

    Hopefully, this will not be too off topic (there is the possibility
that the problem I'm having is KDevelop specific). I am attempting to
use kdDebug, albeit unsuccessfully. Here's the code in question:

kdDebug() << k_funcinfo << ": Sonde Type " << toolItem->SCRData()->getSondeType() << " at depth " << item->depth() << endl;

    I stepped through this in the debugger to assure that it was being
executed, and in fact it is. My project is being compiled debug (i.e.
NDEBUG is not being defined by the compile command). Yet, I cannot seem
to get anything output. I've tried both running the program from within
KDevelop (where there is no output within the Application tab), from
within KDevelop's Konsole tab, and from a plain Konsole shell prompt.
None of these yield any output.
Any clues as to how to get this working will be greatly appreciated.

    I'm using KDevelop 3.1.2, KDE 3.3.1, Qt 3.3.3, gcc 3.2.2

Thanks in advance,
Steven Suson