svn+http unknown - again

Guenter Lichtenberg lichten at sron.nl
Wed Dec 21 08:09:31 GMT 2005

Hi list -
	I am running - again - into the dreaded error klauncher : svn+http Unknown
protocol. I had that problem always with redhat at my work, but now after I
updated my SuSE x86_64 at home to KDE 3.5 it pops up there too - aargh. I had
some forum discussions already a while ago and also read all that I could
find on that topic, so led me tell what I found out and please tell me if I
got it wrong:

 - I understand that as soon as I  have .svn directories in the project and
subversion as version control in 'Project Options' ideally everything should
work. Is that also true for older projects which were started with the "New
project wizard" w/o setting version control and were put later under svn?

- I gather that for the above to work I need the kio_svn libraries, which
should be in the kdesdk (which I have installed). I checked in kde library
directories, lots of kio_* files but no kio_svn. Are the packages (both on
redhat and suse!) broken or do I need another one? Or is a solution to
compile the kdesdk rpm.src package?

It is really sad that there are these snags, because integrated svn support in
kdevelop worked really nice before and I got used to it (and I am not saying
it is the kdevelop team fault that it breaks down after an update).

TIA
gl

Günter Lichtenberg ========>mailto:lichten at sron.nl