kdevelop crashes

Werner Modenbach modenbach at alc.de
Mon Dec 19 15:10:43 GMT 2005

Hi Alvin,

thank you for your hints.
In the meantime I've got some more details. In my opinion kdevelop crashes
have something to do with background backups of the editor.
I can easily make it crash by the following procedure:
- Open a class in the editor and do some modifications without saving to file
- Wait for a while until the editor (obviously) does a backup copy.
- This will warn you about "the file has been modified in the background"
  and indicate a warning in the tab.
- If you now press the save button it asks you for "overwrite? Yes/No".
- kdevelop crashes when answering "Yes" and every changes are lost.

So there is no way to get your work saved.

I hope this helps the developers to fix it. Thanks so much for this valuable
development environment !!! kdevelop is GREAT!!!

Thanks

- Werner -