kdevelop does not load profile when started with KDE appl link

Maillists maillists at gmx.ch
Thu Aug 4 08:17:01 BST 2005

Hi everybody

I tried to start kdevelop with a KDE application link file (xyz.desktop).
What happens is that kdevelop starts but then does not load the profile
(I use the --profile option).

I tried several things such as writing an script which does some actions
I need before starting kdevelop.
The script looks like this and works fine when I start it from a console:

cd /targets/LxNETES/project_shared/apps/GsmMux/
. ./../../LxNET.sh
kdevelop --profile GsmMux.kdevelop
exit 0

The KDE application link file (.desktop) has the following content (see
below) and will simply start the script above.

[Desktop Entry]
Comment=
Comment[en_US]=
Encoding=UTF-8
Exec='/home/targets/LxNETES/project_shared/apps/GsmMux/scripts/LxNET-kdev-GsmMux.sh'
GenericName=
GenericName[en_US]=
Icon=exec
MimeType=
Name=
Name[en_US]=
Path=
StartupNotify=true
Terminal=true
TerminalOptions=\s--noclose
Type=Application
X-DCOP-ServiceType=none
X-KDE-SubstituteUID=false
X-KDE-Username=

With the KDE application link kdevelop starts but does not load the profile.
Has anybody had the same problem and was able to solve it? Is it a
kdevelop problem or a KDE issue?

I would appreciate some ideas.

Regards Roman