kdevelop-3.1.0 annoyances

Roland Krause rokrau at yahoo.com
Wed Sep 22 23:47:40 BST 2004

Jens,

--- Jens Dagerbo <jens.dagerbo at swipnet.se> wrote:

> On Wednesday 22 September 2004 23.20, Roland Krause wrote:
> > All,
> > upgraded to 3.3.0 this morning and there are a couple of really
> > annoying things. If someone had a suggestion how to get rid of
> these
> > probs I'd appreciate any hint.
> >
> > 1 Tool views always have icon and text, I would like to get to the
> old
> > behavior where the could have icons only.
> > This seems to be somehow coupled with whether IDEAL od tab paged
> mode
> > are enabled in the UI.
>
> Settings -> Configure KDevelop -> User Interface -> Toolview Tab
> Layout

That's disabled unless I select IDEAL as the user interface. Does it
work with tabbed page mode ?

> > 2 How can I convince kdevelop to store and restore it's windows
> > settings. Everytime I start kdevelop the messages toolview is about
> > half the height of the application.
>
> You can fix the kmdi library. Just beware that many have tried. Most
> return
> horrified, some are never heard from again.. ;)

He he, that sounds more like a job for my old friend GigaFalk, but is
he still around? Or is he exclusively doing windows these days.

Seriously though, which KMDI library does KDevelop use? The one in
kdelibs? Or still it's own fork?

Roland