Qt projects in kdevelop 3

Diego Iastrubni elcuco at kdemail.net
Sun Sep 5 13:00:15 BST 2004

Hi all,

I am trying to make a small Qt application. The application will have only a
main dialog, and a button which will call this.close (in the future it can be
extended, so connecting the click() signal  to the close() slot is not
enough). The documentation is not enouht here, and I cannot find anything
usefull on google. I would like to use qmake and not the auto* stuff.

What I did in Qt Designer:

new -> c++ project
new -> dialog
edit -> connections -> new -> receiver
 edit slots -> [make the new slot]
[connect the new slot to the widget]
save all
new -> c++ mail file -> [choose the main widget]
save all
in the console write qmake && make

Now in Kdevelop:
create new project -> c++ -> qmake -> application (next, next, next....)
qmake manager -> forms -> new form -> [click it]
 (bug: the new windows is too big to fit in the display here, using 1024x768)
format -> layout widgets....
 (usability problem: no way to set the layouts from the tolbar, only menu)

Now how do I make new slots on the newly generated window? (connecting signals
to existing slots is kinda fun in the new designer, I liked it).

I am using kdevelop 3.1 from the cvs.

TIA.

--

diego, kde-il translation team

Free MS-Office replacement for most platforms
http://www.openoffice.org/