kdevelop did not update my project ?

Christophe Guilbert cguilbert at picasso.ucsf.edu
Sun Sep 5 04:22:48 BST 2004

Hi everyone,

Hope you can help me because  I  am  really in trouble ...!
I got kdevelop and develop a  c++ project

Here is my problem,
The last time I was working on my project was in Aug 28, when I open my
project today (sept 04) with kdevelop , my project was the one at the
stage of Aug 18. I lost all my work in between. Even the executable was
Aug 18  and was of course not able to reproduce  the  output  obtain in
Aug 28.

What could have happened ?  Is Kdevelop have a kind of  recovery files
(in case you computer shut down by mistake of instance)
Is anybody could have an explanation of this ?

My only rational explanation is that I mess up with TAR comand and did a
tar xvf instead a tar cvf when doing a backup , but it is very unlikely !!!!
What else could it be anyway ?

Can I look to some kdevelop logfile,  kdevelop backup directory to see
what's happen and try to recover the last c++ source of my project ?

Thanks very much for any help ,  I lost 5 days programing there !!!!

Chris