How to install PNG for use in kicker applet?

Maurizio Colucci seguso.forever at tin.it
Fri Oct 8 09:57:02 BST 2004

Hello,

I am a kdevelop newbie. :)  As an addon to my program
(http://onefinger.sf.net), I have written a simple kicker applet with
kdevelop. As you can see in the screenshots on the site, the applet
looks rather empty :). I would like to display a png on it. It is my
understanding that I must use the automake manager to add a png to my
project, so the png will be installed when I do "make install".

My questions are:

1. In what section am I supposed to add the png? I have clicked the
"src" dir in the upper panel, but now I have to choose between "header
in noinst", "Data in onefingerapplet", "libonefingerapplet.la". I tried
to choose data, and I discovered the png gets installed in the same
directory as the .desktop files, which doesn't seem correct... so I am
asking you.

2. In the C++ code, how do I retrieve the directory where the PNG is
installed? (Because ultimately I must create a QPixmap, which requires
the full path of the png). For example, is there some environment
variable to check?

Thanks for any help,

Maurizio