Kexi-qextmdi Failing to Compile

Kathy ksalkin at triad.rr.com
Sat Nov 27 16:09:31 GMT 2004

I am trying to compile Kexi from source, and per the instructions on the Kexi
site, I am trying to install Qextmdi first.  Unfortunately, I get the
following error when compiling:

In file included from kmdimainfrm.h:50,
                 from kmdichildfrm.cpp:43:
kmdidockwidget.h:26:28: kdockwidget_p.h: No such file or directory
In file included from kmdimainfrm.h:50,
                 from kmdichildfrm.cpp:43:
kmdidockwidget.h:77: error: invalid use of undefined type `struct
KDockContainer'
/usr/include/kde/kdockwidget.h:90: error: forward declaration of `struct
KDockContainer'
kmdidockwidget.h: In constructor
`KMdiDockContainerBase::KMdiDockContainerBase()':
kmdidockwidget.h:79: error: type `struct KDockContainer' is not a direct base
of `KMdiDockContainerBase'
make[2]: *** [kmdichildfrm.lo] Error 1
make[2]: Leaving directory `/home/kat/qextmdi-kexi/qextmdi'
make[1]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
make[1]: Leaving directory `/home/kat/qextmdi-kexi'
make: *** [all] Error 2

I think it's an error in the configure script. Any suggestions are welcome.

Thank you.  Kat