Different Make Program

Stefano Rosanelli stefano.rosanelli at tin.it
Thu May 13 17:01:55 BST 2004

Alle 03:16, mercoledì 12 maggio 2004, hai scritto:
> 1. How do you change the make program.  We use FT/Jam and I dont want
> to change all my programs to use the Automake/AutoConf/Make for
> various reasons.

I can understand your reasons.. ;-)
A simple trick is to use a Makefile like this (never used FT/JAM..):
all:
	jam
install:
	jam install
clean
	jam clean

PS: if you are interested in auto/make alternatives have a look at SCons
(www.scons.org), a wonderful tool

> 2. How do you set the actuall debugger executable, all my debuggers
> are called things like /opt/X-GCC/bin/arm-elf-gdb

Project -> Options -> Debugger -> Path to gdb?

Stefano