Building kdevelop-3.0.1 on RH9 using konstruct

Job 317 job317 at mailvault.com
Mon Mar 1 20:28:00 GMT 2004

Help,

I am installing KDE3.2 on a RedHat 9 box using konstruct. So far, so
good but when I cd to the ~/konstruct/apps/kdevelop directory and
execute 'make install' I get a Berkeley DB configuration error:

checking for Berkeley DB >= 3... configure: error: no - please install
Berkeley DB _= 3

'rpm -qa | grep -i db' returns:
db4-4.0.14-20

As a sanity check I also built the db-4.2.52.tar.gz package using the
standard 'make; make install' command and still no luck with building
kdevelop.

I must need a tutorial on building and adding libraries on Linux. Can
someone please tell me what I am doing wrong.

Thanks,

JOB