NO move...

Fir Delplancke f.delplancke at belgacom.net
Sat Jun 19 13:02:36 BST 2004

On Friday 18 June 2004 13:52, Tarjei Knapstad wrote:
> On Thu, 2004-06-17 at 23:00, Fir Delplancke wrote:
> > hi all,
> >
> > I stepped-up from SuSE 8.0 to 9.1 and 'remastered' my programs.
> > I only had to adapt the different fonts, but one problem remains:
> >
> >       The main window can not be moved by  'this->move(x,y)'
> >        nor by  'this->move(QPoint(x,y))'  while the child and other
> >        windows of the application obeys.
> >
> > Is this a bug?
>
> Maybe it is, but it's certainly nothing to do with KDevelop :)
>
> Try posting to either the qt-interest list if this is a Qt application
> and/or some KDE developers list. Providing a bit more code too should
> make it easier to spot any possible flaw in your code.
>
> That being said, why do you want to move the main window from the code?
> Positioning a main window is the users job...
>
> Regards,
> --
> Tarjei

My programs consist of a main window (Dialog) and a few others (e.g. messages,
in- and output windows, ...) and, by means of  'QWidget*->move(x,y)'  I move
these windows straight across the Desktop area to obtain a global and quiet
survey.
These move-instructions are situated in the constructor of the main class.
The  'this->move(x,y)'  works under KDevelop 2.1  (SuSE 8.0)

Fir Delplancke